Re: Fw: LF: LF-antenna with top load

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Fw: LF: LF-antenna with top load
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 20:11:50 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 9/16/99 7:13:33 GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

<< To All,

As a answer to a question by Mike, G3XDV,  I have sent the following e-mail
to the reflector:

>Mike, G3XDV wrote:
>

>> 1. No top load
>> Efficiency: 10.8%

Hello Dick / group.

I recently installed a small broadcast transmitter on 1350kHz which was licenced for a maximum antenna height of 10m.

After some time we managed to get a 10m glassfibre mast errected with a small top capacity hat, inductive loading at the centre (Litz), together with an element of distributed loading in the top section between the loading coil and the top hat.

When examined by the authorities the efficiency was around 7%.

A rough calculation would suggest that the Rrad of a 10m vertical is no greater than 0.1R, on 136k. The computers perfect ground assumption could be affecting the ability to compare the effects of different arrangements for top loading. Is it EZNEC which has poor / Avg / good / perfect / ground models?

73

David.   G0MRF