LF: Re: former/future usage of german LF frequencies

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: former/future usage of german LF frequencies
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:01:34 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Having read in more detail the German original of the proposal to allocate
various LF frequencies to the pager service I note the following.

The questionaire appears directed at potential users of these frequencies for
pager services - ie there may be several networks operating independantly.  It
implies however that one individual network will use a single transmitter
designed to cover the whole of Germany.  On that basis it would also be quite
strong in most of the rest of western Europe.

The modulation is data in a 500Hz bandwidth, time multiplexed, and presumably
is fairly similar to DCF39.

The notes point out that the 136.8 frequency is already allocated on a primary
basis in countries outside DL, and any allocation must not cause interference
to these.  Perhaps there are even more transmitters liable to appear
unannounced on it!

Closing date for comments on the proposals is October 1st.  Perhaps some input
from the DARC and RSGB would be appropriate before that date - but it is not
long!

There is no indication of when the formal allocations would be made or when
transmissions would commence.

It would be unfortunate if the 136.8 transmitter came on, but in reality there is probably little we can do about it in a shared band.
73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd