Re: LF: Dick & Peter's simulations

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Dick & Peter's simulations
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:33:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
A really interesting discussion, and some useful data, though as with all computer simulations it is vital to include some practical knowledge so as not to be misled by the results. Thanks, Dick and Peter for your work.

G3NYK wrote:
I presume the vertical
section should be at least its own height away from buildings, masts etc.
but is a smaller spacing workable?

You are probably right, but for practical reasons my vertical section is 1m from the house. All I can say is that it works, despite the effects of electrical wiring and water pipes. Some 5m is above the house and this may help. I have run a similar arangement portable and in the clear without a massive improvement.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm