Re: LF: QRN Free Site

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRN Free Site
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:07:32
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 09:59 9/03/99 -0500, you wrote:
Hello LF Gang,
There is nothing that says that my receiver has  _got_  to be located
next to my transmitter, is there?
Over here, we are considering finding a qrn-free site, equipping it
properly with a good receiver, taking the whole 2 kHz band and
redistributing to all the members, either on a FM repeater, or on the
internet.
This won't happen probably until the fall, as we are first trying to
put a transmitter on the air!
73
Andre'

Hello Andre & LF gang,

There might be a 'hook' :
The 'dynamic range' at the microphone input of most FM transmitters is the
range of 40dB (or less), while the input dynamic range of a (good) receiver
is 80dB (or more). A better solution would be to built a kind of 'linear transponder' as used
in satelites.
But the basic idea to seperate RX and TX location is good. I am playing
with this idea for a while, but in my case I would like to have the
transmitter at another location as at my QTH QRN/QRM is very low (away from
streetlights, other houses) but due to the numberous trees (wood) the
'losses' are high (150 Ohm) and so it is a lousy TX location.

73, Rik  ON7YD

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)