Re: LF: RE: QRN Free Site

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: QRN Free Site
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 19:45:23 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Rob,
Thanks for the reply and encouragement. Remotely tuning a
rcvr over 2 kHz appears possible (my receiver, a Mil Spec
Cubic receiver is capable of remote tuning) but could be a
pain.  Also the idea is that everyone would be able to look
at the whole 2 kHz
73
Andre'
Rob Gill wrote:

 Andre'Sounds like a great idea -particularly over the
internet!Mike Staines WA1PTC has the audio from his IC735
available via his web site (at
http://mike.nh.ultranet.com/htm/monitor.html).His receiver
is also remotely tuneable -which may be worth looking at
if the broadband idea proves incapable of handling the
necessary dynamic range without intermod problems.I've not
heard of anyone this side of the Atlantic transmitting
whilst listening to Mike's RX via the Internet -but I'm
sure someone will have tried it. There are generally quite
a few seconds of audio buffered to allow for Internet
propagation delays -but that wouldn't be much of an issue
with very slow CW!Best of luck with the project.RobG8DSU