LF: RE: QRN Free Site

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: QRN Free Site
From: "Rob Gill" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:36:47 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andre'
Sounds like a great idea -particularly over the internet!

Mike Staines WA1PTC has the audio from his IC735 available via his web site (at http://mike.nh.ultranet.com/htm/monitor.html).
His receiver is also remotely tuneable -which may be worth looking at if the broadband idea proves incapable of handling the necessary dynamic range without intermod problems.

I've not heard of anyone this side of the Atlantic transmitting whilst listening to Mike's RX via the Internet -but I'm sure someone will have tried it.
There are generally quite a few seconds of audio buffered to allow for Internet propagation delays -but that wouldn't be much of an issue with very slow CW!

Best of luck with the project.

Rob
G8DSU