Re: LF: 136 in the US !

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 in the US !
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 01:08:38 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>

Peter W. Schnoor wrote:

Hello Group,
Hi Andre'
[...]What`s about your trial with the "Monster Antenna" ?

The monster antenna is in fact a copy of the Goliath. 1200 ft tall, with a top
capacitance rumored to be somewhere around 0.05 uFd (?).

It is presently grounded for obvious reasons and, although we could unground
it, we are
afraid that none of the equipment we own, and could connect to that antenna,
could
possibly survive any kind of static charge. (in fact we could ourselves get
fried quite
easily...)

Hence we have decided to leave that vertical stick alone, and connect ourselves
instead
to a couple of Marconis ("T") that were originally cut to resonate around 134
kHz. They
terminate in small rooms, with electrical power available. These Marcoonis are
quite
impresssive, and we shall use them, among other things, to try and determine the
relative gain, and noise floor, of an e-field probe versus a "T" against a known
source, for instance a local Medium Wave (known here as "AM") transmitter on
1500 kHz .

73
Andre'