Re: LF: 136 in the US !

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 in the US !
From: "Peter W. Schnoor" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 00:49:27 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Group,
Hi Andre'

Andre' Kesteloot wrote:

Although summer may be the best time of the year for a field-day in Europe
(because rain is less likely), it it is also when we have a maximum of
thunderstorms. The difference in ambient noise level between summer and winter
in
LF can be up to 60 dB (Which, incidentally, is the main reason why we organized
the Nag's Head expedition in the middle of the winter!)

Agreed! What`s about your trial with the "Monster
Antenna" ?

Unfortunatly the Great Circle to USA from here is
running straight over the next LORAN-C
transmitter. But we could try to (citation...)
"read between the lines".
Dec. 12th 2001 is far and Guglielmo Marchese
Marconi made it with 20kw on 300kHz, but we have
better RX. Anyone out there who has a copy of his
article: "Signals across the Atlantic", Elec.
World 38, 1901 ?

54°16'N / 10°04'E, JO54ag
73 es gl de Peter, DF3LP