Re: LF: PSK31

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PSK31
From: "Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:17:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy et al

Is that 6dB down on mean power ?  As PSK31 has a peak to mean ratio of
exactly 3dB I suspect the extra power reduction is to get the transmitter
into a suitable linear region.

It's a different TX, a PA strip from the transverter output of the IC735
which I have modified to give an output down there. The PA is a hybrid of
David's design and my topband FET linear with a pair of IXFH75N10 at 24V. It
produces 250W key-down (PEP) and obviously shows less average when sending
PSK31 due to the holes in it! Do you intend to use BPSK or QPSK? Any other
parameters I should set?  I have copied several stations on 80 so the RX
works OK. I will put out some calls down the bottom of the band, about
136.2, at around 8pm for the rest of the week. I will listen co-channel.
Any reports gratefully received.

73, Dave G3YXM.