Re: LF: Software to time swap 2 RX antennas over?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Software to time swap 2 RX antennas over?
From: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 18:45:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 07:12:06 PM you wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Use a relay, switched by a FET which is switched by a RS232 line. Then
> you can toggle the state by using SpecLab, each 2 minutes automatically,
> even at 0x:55, ie.between the sequences, where the TX is off.
> For LF you can use a normal relay, it does not need to be a coax relay.
>
> Consider to detune the unused RX antenna, i.e. avoid coupling.

Yes, SpecLab can do the job.

I have compared a loop antenna with the Miniwhip using SpectrumLab and
switching the antennas using a toggle switch, the PC was a laptop with mono
audio input.

The waterfall was very useful to estimate the different noise received by the
antennas.

If the PC have the audio stereo input you can connect one antenna to the left
channel and the other one to the right channel.

See the attached picture.

73 - Claudio ik2pii

 --
 ZE-Light e ZE-Pro: servizi zimbra per caselle con dominio email.it, per tutti
i dettagli

 Sponsor:
 Soluzioni di email hosting per tutte le esigenze: dalle caselle gratuite a
quelle professionali su piattaforma Zimbra, da quelle su proprio dominio a
quelle certificate PEC. Confronta le soluzioni
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=13326&d=21-3