Re: LF: Question: QRM from induction cookers?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Question: QRM from induction cookers?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:52:53 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1550163174; bh=188CsHwE8FwkTylfCfWpwz/Y7N2ScWd/rBs5vriYmpk=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=S8yJpSI9cPfCB4cR/M8pQEqOtZ7n6inp0Sh3LjuqTkNEotkBSZmBaXXpLnChO76Jq UyADKNu7zgpT4MWcajXi0s3rb1uhQL276F37RXx52WYks8CZvK2ry3z0qVYNLw73K5 DwH8YUDlWK5rCraONgvyavzW9fQQ0zgG8N3tq6B4ailnYvNs85cJG1UjJB+TPj664j h1QGXhLdizDQvux6eyK1M+2C1OAQjeEUGvWCQMuH3CiCQjvMIWwSST7G+vTligUFOV /1W1YpeBKQq0UMI1SqGx4ydb9Z/d+BPCv8qG25MWocW45L4VF7up0igI0ubQ9tIIEZ ITDFnhbEYdyhg==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Steffi,

Their switching frequency is above the audible range but not to far of, to keep the switching losses low. But certainly a switched high power source which will have a load of harmonics.
Avoid it of you can, especially when you are a radio amateur!
If you qrz.com entry is correct you're living in Nürnberg. I know someone else on that reflector who's also living there and he is operating a VLF grabber which could then detect when you prepare a Schweinebraten. :-)

Another consideration is the life time. In our western throw-away and buy new society i would expect that the life time will be less tahn 5 years maybe. The old models may behave different, because they are old!

And after all, for what do you need it at all? Is there any real advantace? I just see it is fancy and you might need to throw away your old pots and buy new ones, which is of course recommended.

If you look back in time, have you been unhappy with your old cooker? And do you think you will be more happy (not just in the first weeks) with the new one?

73, Stefan