R: Re: LF: VU2BGS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: LF: VU2BGS
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 09:58:34 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Kumar,

Stefan already pointed out the main topics ;-)
I know other MF/LF operators are using TS590 both for RX or generator with suitable PA on LF and MF so you have already the first brick.
If you are coming from 160m activity you are already half way :-) - you wrote about small roof antenna for 160m is that a vertical or a dipole? As pointed out from Stefan a vertical could be retuned for MF/LF txing. Due to high noise both from city and geographic area again the suggestion of Stefan for a tuned RX loop is probably the best solution, but a try with a PA0RDT active antenna could be worth.

I guess we all would like to live close to the seaside :-)) this my dream too ;-) could share a lovely QTH for HAM radio and easy for scuba diving :-))

I will keep on still for some days transmitting on WSPR2 on 137 kHz then reverse to 475 kHz with my small beacon: I have all days reports within 3000km (EA8ARZ is my best DX) but my opinion is that there is lack of RX stations between 3 and 6000 km in some direction.

CU later,

Marco IK1HSS