Re: LF: Recent N1BUG 630m operation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Recent N1BUG 630m operation
From: Rolf Torvik <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 16:12:24 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=lOCcA6riMDViorg30KZSc8Rps2bBeoXCx60+nM67Ixc=; b=s6J8bZQKUqhUjSSkBI91/vFkwuFiGQK6QOBvMM5qCdTciWrZojTnXetl/O5e6XZ7BN WZEhbPCX1v5k7/hBKjrKRJzbb+H00KL497vZXgHWTBujkA4qm2PeAXugrYM7j98wIdP7 rtQ5N2zFu3/FJUnqz7+6r5Xbu+m1Wh5b997vfhDRwxzy2ov6DRtA0O1SiLZje9nDMAfA jjZ8PXKYic4YvO2WjGq4eb1/GepgUqSAoZcJcV02OSqK1y4rbDgFbd1a05EpkrRkmLKX gAgWBws0eFitbI39Dw5gF60QBqLJuOwqe4ntQU5bb91wcvnyq2FhizgHQqTg+OHl46SM 9B1Q==
Sender: [email protected]
Tnx Paul for trying so hard to complete our qso!
I really try hard also but qsb was not playing with us.
I followed your signal for quite some time, but had to go to bed since I had a workday in front of me.

I am in the middle of testing a new tx antenna, a 1/2 wave antenna ala VK4YB.
It is very promising but the direction at the moment is not optimal - about 270deg. This need to be changed
to about 300deg or even more to the north. My best beverage at the moment is pointing to 315deg, clearly better than my 290deg beverage.
The hamspots and the PSK reporter reports is from the 315deg beverage, usually about 10dB better than my 1/2wave, but I had
no problem reading you all the time on the tx antenna the 1/2 wave.
At the moment I am remoting the whole setup so I wont be back to my qth before early next week for doing the necessary changes.

I will try again this night.
BTW:  Your signal was really impressive, my best report was -6dB! on the 315deg bev

GL

Rolf LA2XPA