Re: LF: Methods to transmit DFCW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Methods to transmit DFCW
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 14:18:52 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=aol.com; s=a2048; t=1542377933; bh=LdUUTLJZcNW4pyZcV6ChTL5w5cd9IwNWz2ScRqnTSYo=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=tYWMMZJP0ZH3AXCKXqfLDEmPSsVWTeRWg0KQ381mb+QdJsEZcWXS5c3XLsxC3Sitg5vA/3/9BrEaQ1RNuYWBfu5IuOuzO4bCCzeGMijir6jBwBC1MgVv5s+VmBr9HUcKSSxfN4wCwmhXt/CMx8cvJSqyJWlaAFpkP3atrBCmvS7tartoQIa+jYE6ZU60KPS4qKVP7Z7Jg9DyQi7za1JBXxJ5mQ1on8z+NfY70Er1ui1ULtSvyJGT8tkmtbzVdm8/3N/DBtaEh4fKO93H40+CO5RfYuIyiOcirYIPvmEPBQA2Qh5Cygsi8kuVO5UqhYZBYJpWUF/8931VNBHtVqHZjA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

guess my preferred method is a linear SSB exciter which can do all sorts of modes, including specialties like chirped Hell and picture transmissions, or 1-dB stepped power tests. On the other hand with one sitting here this is easily said ;-)

Stefan and Tom have successfully employed a Raspberry Pi, which can produce modulated RF directly on one of it's digital output pins. This has been used for WSPR but I guess it could also make DFCW.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)