Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re: LF: JT9-2 and JT9-5 mode application

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re: LF: JT9-2 and JT9-5 mode application
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 22:12:22 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

Adding even slower modes in the application is not difficult.
But the slower we go the more stringent the frequency stability requirements
are. For groundwave this is limited by the TX and RX stability, but for skywave
propagation the mood changes of miss ionosphere could be nefast.
136 kHz might be better suited for JT-10 ot JT-30 than 472kHz.
Stefan might be interested in JT-86400 (one message a day) for ULF ;-)

About JT9 coding: for this I am using another exe file of the WSJT-X suite. It
seems to work fine, both for free and structured messages.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T