Re: LF: WSPR 475 kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR 475 kHz
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 21:48:12 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roelof, I am not actively following day-by-day reports these days, but I do remember a condition in one of the last Solar minimum where after a long geomagnetically quiet period signals seemed to be depressed. I postulated that maybe the ionisation of the E-region was not only dependent on cosmic rays but maybe had a charge input from the Solar wind. After a 30 day period with Kp continualy below 3 we had a Kp=4 coronal hole flow event and propagation immediately improved again. I wondered, but could not find any supporting evidence, whether the ionosphere could ''weaken'' and leak signals into space leading to weaker reception.

Just a wild idea but maybe worth checking against dates and geomagnetic activity.

Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>