Re: VLF: Class E PA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Class E PA
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:35:28 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1539509728; bh=Fy+7lMpifPcSh6FTT2Mrv0VFjc4wM+5IpOka05xmup4=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=pmwMNIACc4SseHkaZ9H5Ulk2luVYiUvsTCjY6i2lNO5q0v63+m9r0of8k7SMRbJ89 i0IYHJYClUo1862cL5Kaaxd4Uog/x9ukBTQRhOR91qLGdYVzrUwFzcUJRuGM/SfanK xzDSCKAPE0p3LT09z9WZI4Pz1sovqW2LJ+22b+adHLg9ir3EIHGZ126nZdn80Hka9s dSTmcN5U6XF4dNDCj5B6MmdgZMM+WfCMptMv9Co31T2PUPpXcL3hB5spN1Dh8hgmiT YLu3LBtfbUaFwsUuNTCk4gmfEoQpaSPdCxaAtUMLdOMX25G0oRdkEno7+RTI8x/980 PVa6lmPNVlaMQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Can you exclude that this is a driver issue? Because then it is a different story. If the PA is hard keyed, always with a proper waveform (pulsewidth), then i expect no problems. For the problem discussed, i think that the currents are limited by the on-resistance, the inductance of the loop between the components and by the internal resistance of the capacitor. As soon as the current starts to flow, the voltage of the cap will drop, so this will lower the peak current (i.e. it is not the voltage of the cap divided by the on-resistance only). The peak current may be 100 A, but just for some 10 us. And the strong FET will handle this.

73, Stefan

PS: I remember i had similar problems on LF. But that was a driver issue, a wrongly built up comparator circuit.