Re: VLF: Class E PA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Class E PA
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 10:30:20 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1539505821; bh=ixoAcBlhk3Q5308xjS3jEVSY7d6hYgYgnVjUj8+k75E=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=Ek1mpRGACoOUdQk+blGN4K3hg1H4wxKnH4MMmt15tkoOGCS5KDsyL3b6IomduZoLn xwBY2+9AGHLBNxuPAyMhrjVU6MkSn2fiZgshSajZhxqZtrnxXvJ9LwSE8mgltqKz1c DqV9qMkJRligMkDdj95Kb0BkQfXEhfyBaPBkjHPfeYCtGGN7JsrFh1/Vb0dX6O+u8K JXjjKtr0Dbq225N/5a988ZhmKYHl+tfb2V0SGJEbRz9wvB5ULKJ2yiPO4v/nA/m2yp ibs2jSgl7sDaR8dhMunRAy21oIKmO5i6Hn2gzcgvjvUOFNv5mt5HJdVkV4Ug7X1Zod ppjN+e0kDjj5w==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Tom,

Good luck with your PA.
Tell us the component values when you're finished, as well as the actual efficiency. From my LF PA i remember the coil, which was quite large already ('air-cored').

Regarding current peaks at the first switching: I would simply ignore the problem and see if the FET will survive (and how old it becomes). If it's lifetime is actually to short, then i would start thinking about a solution for the problem. One of them just costs 2 EUR or so, so it is worth to try...

73, Stefan