Re: LF: Class E PA

To: LineOne <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Class E PA
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 22:23:05 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=mavQ64Z+Dq9jo+qff5jQA13tV3LlP7tHyQSvfRMK28A=; b=qJUZZfq39RZO+4DJLl/gbUZ7HohwzTzl26b6ZMx3x3ejRE2H2f6423I/0u6VoA/xl7 UO1WbNcMrUhxH44AuoG1aAPJSNdFm9hvlQKrc8WAuOiJPEaNvAehzxed7cCoaabkMmbv 2MhrAfhO8StR2Xqj81o/SjGFmFVcJFi9e7TB0KzbJYwytiSl7gUlfdcAYn0z4xvbKcEw hr/JbSa3EX2bqJM7BNy96Y/3QMK7cZ2V0x5bXeH1vrOOHRziQjwdgzIqe4x2K36OxQhS WcGcBdINaszZvNFotbsIkwI51ONfwWIKuL4VY/eTc+gojM7oNiamKIE/2Bym0gOiOcgt l0Lg==
Sender: [email protected]
That's a very good point for all Class-E designs, at any frequency.  They only work because the drain voltage / current is so carefully tuned and setup when operational generatign RF.   Upsetting that state by turning the drive off and on is not going to be good.

Time to revisit that big 50V PWM arrangement