LF: Class E PA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Class E PA
From: DK1IS <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 19:51:12 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Group,

Planning a new single-ended Class E PA for my activities on the Dreamers Band (8.27 kHz) two questions came up - perhaps someone can help me:

-  Being interested only in on-off-keying I´m concerned about the capacitor in parallel to the power FET which in my case on VLF will be in the uF range. If the DC supply is on and without gate drive this capacitor is charged to the DC supply voltage. At the first positive gate pulse it discharges via the drain-source-path, the current being  limited only by parasitc impedances - a poorly defined condition which usually has to be avoided. Does this mean that I have to apply drive continously and key the DC power supply only, perhaps synchronously to the next positive drive pulse?

Is there any rule of thumb for the inductance of the rf choke in the drain-power supply path?

Thanks for any idea!

73,
Tom, DK1IS
www.qrz.com/db/dk1is