LF: EbNaut transmission test in LF

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: EbNaut transmission test in LF
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 09:28:33 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Hi LF EbNauters

I have been building a disciplined Rx for LF, based in a GPS LO at 120KHz and a NE602 downconverter to 17KHz

Then feeding the signal to the soundcard, also disciplined with 1pps from the same GPS

At Tx side a GPS LO at 1374850 Hz divided by 10 provides 0.1Hz steps at LF. Then an XOR gate is used for

EbNaut modulation from the DTR of  a COM port under Windows. The PA is just a mosfet driver (mic4452 AT 12v)

Just about 100mW to antenna but good enough to get a 20dB S/N in my Rx 7Km away

Stability looks pretty good and also phase modulation as seen in SL spectrogram. Also monitoring phase changes

with the SL plot display window. So, yesterday I tried an EbNaut transmission with the following setup

Coding: 8K19A

CRC 16

Symbol period: 1s

Characters: 6          Transmission time: 9.3 minutes

Transmitting at minute 00 and 30 every hour

I got the FFT files from SL and converted them to WAV files. The configuration file (SR) included the corrected sample rate

of the soundcard as well as decimation , FFT length and center frequency

Attached is a WAV file starting at 16:22 which should contain the transmission started at 16:30 untill about 16:40

The rawsym graphic shows a clear peak centered in frequency, but I haven’t been able to get a decode other than “******”

At least the decoder is detecting the carrier but may be there is no proper phase modulation or probably other failures

What I’m doing wrong ? Can anybody decode the message from the file ?

BTW, I have used a list length of 47274 and also 141823, but nill L

73 de Luis

EA5DOM