LF: Re: First MF transmission from Oscar LU1DOW

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: First MF transmission from Oscar LU1DOW
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 16:17:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jim
The mod you suggest would be easy enough technically but mechanically it would be difficult to fit the larger inductor required for 472 Khz into the cabinet I would suggest building and external inductor/capacitor and then disable the internal L/C COMPONENTS and feed the RF from the tubes via a suitable capacitor to the external MF cct and you should be in business. With this sort of power output you would need to ensure that the RF connectors, coax, and Antenna loading inductor can handle the power. Different ball game when using high levels of RF especially at LF/MF Why not modify one of your DECCA amplifiers as i have done and it works a treat. It has been in service now for several years and is as steady as a rock working into my 1/4 wave inv L antenna.
73 and gl with your project
de MAL/G3KEV/SCARBOROUGH/IO94SH

-----Original Message----- From: James Cowburn