Re: LF: W1VD amp help - more waveforms

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: W1VD amp help - more waveforms
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 23:02:21 +0100
References: <1UQRRBrZ33.5N62o0UWd72@optiplex980-pc> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <BFE1E3A433664900AE95DE6D9EE733BC@StevePC> <[email protected]> <7950E881690348FB8A48C42DD2735F8D@StevePC> <1UQRSH98Tx.2IrTZ1ue7L6@optiplex980-pc> <[email protected]> <7FBAA3A0B6C84158BA005CFF09A5A7EA@DELL4> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <8D5E7536EB86447B920A6B0C99E2BA88@gnat> <CAA8k23R-m9b7pMEgz4toY0b8gtnK-kdK6fgoF8MNkPoK0o0Jog@mail.gmail.com>
Sender: [email protected]

Another thought what happens if there is too big an ''underlap'' FET 1 switches off there is nowhere yet for the current to go, so a big back emf spike til the other FET switches on. Laurence KL7L copied me a response from Paul on the filter removal..... he just gets a big spike then but no damped oscillations. Indicating to me the filter is responsible for the ''ringing'' but not the first spike that sets it off.

Doesn't the choke make it current mode not voltage mode as Jay states? does that have any bearing?

Alan
G3NYK