Re: LF: W1VD amp help - more waveforms

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: W1VD amp help - more waveforms
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:42:32 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Paul,

I was on holiday last week and didn't pay much attention to what passed in the
reflector.
So my appoligies if I tell things that have been told earlier.

The "both sides conducting" issue is typical for the power MOSFETs as the turn
off delay is much larger than the turn on delay. Exactly for that reason most
class D push-pull PA's have a gate resistor to delay the turn on a bit and a
"reverse" diode to bypass the resistor at turn off (so the turn off is not
extra delayed).
If you see the one side turning on befor the other side is turned off it migh
be worth to increase the gate resistors (from 10 Ohm to 15, 18 or even 22 Ohm).
This will increase the turn on delay and maybe solve the issue.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T