Re: LF: W1VD amp help

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: W1VD amp help
From: Ward K7PO <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 04:57:26 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Paul,

I may have missed some of the previous posts, but here's my $0.02 worth. When I built my first version of the amp, I set the X2 option on the U3S and drove the amp directly from the CLK output on the U3S synth. Everything worked fine. On the next one, I had all sorts of weirdness until I removed the 50 ohm resistor on the input. I assumed the U3S at 3.3v couldn't provide enough drive across the resistor. Since then, I have left the resistor out of every amp driven by the U3S, with no issues. A level translator would probably be better, but I have thousands of hours on a couple of these amps with no problems.

Ward K7PO