Re: LF: Pre amp *after* BPF??

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Pre amp *after* BPF??
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:19:29 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ntlworld.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1521296372; bh=ZbUN6fXHE40A8thGRgZ6sJmlBi0tHetAygMXylOLRh0=; h=From:To:Date:Subject:Reply-to:In-reply-to:References; b=yr+fTIEq5PTm0hg7S0G+jkKlm1krBHJzQhtmGlh9y59MkzPMhrzFYZK8YGfz+fwdF ZqEIfD7y9DK+g3Jq3macgpFSJ6sDOANPTGV2PnxFdOSZFp47JNReb46N+8l+27Ea1d EFGgPyf6Og7kMPWr7V55ksQJV7tN4XZUTeaeIBturgu3SXSwHoFbzlYoXRaYgCsxFa HB+AQlwtk6SmYiUzn2Q3m/gubBVGRB3hJRJaMZDSSo8EF7cPXjHac8EUEBs1RShk9x EmjKn5ASxmxGhfguWAm0ZJhJHSewBCmabYj+MJSCvSpd3G3eRrJDSvZDgy/r7c0V7a l8oquJ07mJCQQ==
Sender: [email protected]
I would go along with Rik in principle, but beware of high static
levels giving a misleading high figure of "antenna noise". This test
only works on low static days. I would, in any case, suggest a
"threshold" of several dB to ensure you are really looking at the
band noise rather than static peaks. Perhaps ensure the "antenna
noise" is at least 3dB more than the receiver noise. I have seen
posts in the past suggesting that this figure should be as much as
10dB.

Mike, G3XDV