Re: LF: Softrock RX divider IC problem, unexpected frequency out

To: LineOne <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Softrock RX divider IC problem, unexpected frequency out
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 13:47:44 +0000
Cc: [email protected]
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:message-id:to:cc:subject:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=OvjfnKYtM8a7hUKyjebfvV9mMg7L7pgUHIZLBXe/Sek=; b=iD3auPgBkftMQNwgCOm/gQUoO8h46Z1TYyOX3it526wvz6VXG4T8cmvP20D3Kjg0oy 1xzaPeqIe7SOj/jjBHFLHHYhh+0bV0mVrwULsK8RCAT4lOy+X5RGSYVZtT7sa2bacHUO BOmDnRoJ7DGRNduEGpX5SlObMYAbCYvSFIQfjO1hfaKgRFvwocujr4En80Pb+Pq1vHM8 zR5Pn6RDuK65rXs7A8U1nf7idVf8lLShhqR39Kw5O9FVqSxgay22ETT5DWyg0eESLJJm OBFb2kesx7ZilmPqZnyopM8s81mgwE4L1NFb7tZ3RBH6Hf4qozJadUHjFieA5SZ8/E6n lrag==
References: <[email protected]> <1397698645.2553258.1516983835152.JavaMail.open-xchange@oxbe7.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net> <CAA8k23RYAbGQSBVNMyxdViOKpmpUnOg4a_Rk08Ej_nOqSU9BAw@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <CANi3vvvpMrphpyCnseuaPzuiY8DYUxLVabN0d9iFrVvPS=Ov+Q@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <CAA8k23TFWARx_3qTxvuT_kum1ML+PLHOTU+5S8Kn4t71guAYFg@mail.gmail.com> <CAA8k23QxE9oEQ7Q_KdmTiXWw+c81wrS5xtHb7Fonn+zjoShn8A@mail.gmail.com>
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Andy,

I  am  having  to  admit  defeat  and  defer to your diagnosis, I have
managed  to lift two pads removing the SOIC divider IC again, so await
some bare boards from the US. I will modify one to take out the signal
after  the  buffer  Q2 and take it to a Schmitt IC. Can you say what AC
coupling  cap  value  I  should  use?  680pF  like the one between the
oscillator  and  the  buffer?  Will  pretty  short  wires  to  a small
standalone  PCB  work,  then  the  same  back  to the RX board? I would
imagine  so  at  such a low frequency?  I would also like to try a DDS
source  for a variable LO and get one built for VLF, did yours work OK
down  there?  Many  thanks  for  your help, it was frustrating knowing
N1BUG  has a similar RX working fine without the Schmitt trigger, but
I  kind  of  suspect  my changing the divider chip to one which may be
faster  has  screwed  something  which  was on the edge to start with.
Problem  is  the  markings  on  the original IC do not show up what it
initially was on Google, soI can't directly compare specs.