Re: LF: Monitoring 2190m WSPR

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Monitoring 2190m WSPR
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:48:02 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Chris,

It seems WSPR-X is "conditionally stable". We had a fair bit of discussion about it on this side of the pond last winter. It works for some, but for others it doesn't. For me it stops doing anything after a few minutes and just idly sits there. I am not alone. There are others with the same issue and some for whom the program silently self terminates at seemingly random intervals. In my case it's on Windows 10 64 bit. I suppose there are too few of us interested in WSPR-15 to carry any weight with the developers. :-(

I run into the shack every few minutes in my evenings to see if I've heard 2E0ILY yet! Eventually I go to sleep but the first thing I do in the morning is check to see if I've heard 2E0ILY overnight! (or anyone else across the pond)

The new tower is complete now. I feel the need to resurrect or replace the missing 80/40/30 meter antennas before I build the LF/MF transmitting antenna, but I am getting closer. I regret that my power will probably be too low to be heard on your side. The only good thing about it is I probably won't be setting many things alight. :-D

73,
Paul N1BUG WI2XTC