Re: VLF: VO1NA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: VO1NA
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 12:08:07 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Am 23.10.2017 11:06, schrieb Paul Nicholson:

> What about my recent EbNaut night time transmissions?

Getting about +10 dB Eb/N0 on new E-field and about +6 dB Eb/N0
on H-field.
Excellent. So E+H could be 12 dB.
Based on the S/N reports from your last email we could manage to pass the 100 character message on 5170 Hz in 4...5 days, e.g. http://abelian.org/ebnaut/calc.php?sndb=16&snbws=&snmps=12600&code=8K21&sp=7&crc=8&nc=100&submit=Calculate which is still quite comfortable :-)

An unusual message, though.  Thought it might be a false
decode, but it's equally false on both nights?
There are not many useful 1 character messages, so my creativity comes to an end quickly :-)
Equal messages are a good sign though :-)

> There have been discussions about pure copper into soil,
> at least for transmit systems.

If it degrades over time to produce noise, I would not be
able to tell!  Perhaps the next new rx will be a differential
probe...
There are a lot of people here who have experience with ground rod materials on low frequencies. The question is if they are reading this and want to comment... DF3LP is running a differential probe and has problised a design some years ago.

73, Stefan