Re: LF: VO1NA in Todmorden on 8270 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VO1NA in Todmorden on 8270 Hz
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 05:53:32 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jacek, Joe,

> This will lead to a much cleaner signal.
This may not really be an issue for our low-power VLF experiments. As long as spurious sidebands are less than say -20 dB, the main carrier will suffer only negligible energy loss.

> 8.27015kHz is one possibility (48000kHz/5804).
However this would place the signal out of range of all the grabbers - better stay close to 8270.000 Hz and live with the small spurs.

Of course, employing the tone from the GPS directly has the big advantage that no PC, soundcard or other external hardware need to be involved.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)