Re: VO1NA on LF:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VO1NA on LF:
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 11:21:48 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Joe,

Am 05.07.2017 01:04, schrieb [email protected]:
Hi Markus,

The oscillator is still undisciplined -- much like your's truly.
The carrier is still on with 1/3 A RF.  I was considering getting
a gps module until Stefan reported on his odyssey!
Don't understand me wrong Joe, the problems that i have with my GPS
module is just when it (actually the antenna, not the module) is located
very close the the board of the octo-soundcard. In the past i used a USB
stereo soundcard and the GPS mdule in the same short distance and i
never observed problems like that. So sadly one must call the
octo-soundcard a noise generator in the GHZ range, which affects GPS and
WLAN, at least in a distance of a few 10 cm. But even that is no
problem, just separate the GPS antenna 1m or more from the module, as
well as the USB-WLAN stick, then it works. I ordered some components for
my portable VLF/ULF receiver which allows to use a separate GPS antenna:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01BML4XMQ and
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B011Z7EEL2
It will take weeks until it is delivered. So meanwhile i temporary
separated the whole module+antenna from the Raspi, about 1m distance is
fine to achieve GPS reception again.
BTW i am using these modules since years without problems. My accurate
LF/VLF reception/transmission is based on these GPS modules. I never
used these Rb oscillators for example.
So give it a try!!! :-)

73, Stefan