Re: LF: Varistor spike management

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Varistor spike management
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 15:02:42 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Chris,

These FETs are a good choice :-) You still manage to make them dead? And your supply voltage is 50V? That's not ideal. You can use 320 V directly from the mains, no heavy transformer needed, just a ferrite transformer on the RF side, to decouple the RF signal from the mains. I was running > 1.5 kW on 137 kHz (WSPR-15, no problem, not even in 100% TX mode) with just 4x IRFP460A, which are not as good as yours. So i don't really understand why you need a combiner at all. The 900V types would be fine for a 3-phase PA running at 560 V DC in a H bridge arrangement. A nice thought :-)

73, Stefan