Re: LF: Re[2]: VLF: New carrier on 6470.005 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re[2]: VLF: New carrier on 6470.005 Hz
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 07:37:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jacek / VLF

On 24/04/2017 16:08, Jacek Lipkowski wrote:
Eddie (at 750km distance) and especially Markus (at 180km) can't receive.

The only other explanation (apart from lower qrm levels) might be the software used.

QRM.
Stefan suggested running a 366mHz spectrogram at 6470 Hz, see http://www.g3zjo.talktalk.net/vlfgrabber.htm VLF2.

The bands of QRM are unstable spaced every 100Hz still visible at 8 kHz I have seen a strong harmonic drift up to 6470 Hz. The signal strength varies giving the appearance of having some propagation characteristics. Present from <>= 05:30 to 00:00, boiler, heating controller, smart metering ? Closest to my antenna, to the South, is a single story, special needs home, I assume they have resident staff, they may spring into life early in the morning. I like to blame them for at least some of the unexplained QRM. I have never had contact with them in over 30 years, despite being only 20 m or so from my antenna there is little of the building visible, going to visit them would take a journey of around 0.5km and two private access roads.

I have sent my immediate closest neighbour to the North away for a few days, his usual band of QRM has gone with him :-)

73 Eddie G3ZJO