Re: VO1NA on VLF:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VO1NA on VLF:
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 17:28:36 -0230 (NDT)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus,

Happy to get your email -- it is encouragment for those lamenting a fried helix! Without a signal, the DF7FC probe and SL gives about -143 dB.
The LHS of SL says 8.27 kHz 3.8 mHz 60s with the config file being used.
It was actally -70 dB at 1 km; at 5.8 it should be -115 dB which will be easy to detect -- if I can arrive at that distance before the coil
fails.

Transmissions last about 30 mins until the coil arcs over.  Work is
underway towards increasing this number.

I chose 8277 to avoid interference with the serious work being done
on 8270!

73
Joe VO1NA