Re: LF: 2017-04-16 03:15:13 VO1NA AA PA0RDT JO11TM 0 477 -25Op8_|||

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 2017-04-16 03:15:13 VO1NA AA PA0RDT JO11TM 0 477 -25Op8_||||||||||||||_~25dB
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:25:45 -0230 (NDT)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roelof, G.. and Group,

The delayed curtain up on the opera was due to VLF tinkering.
There was much excitement when a pc with a properly working
sound card was deployed. Today I resurrected the low 100m aerial
(Happy Easter to all) and fed 30 watts 200ma on 8277 and
got some lovely -60 dB readings at 1 km.  Then the coil arced.
A far field detection was almost a certainty up to this point!

OP8 on 479.477 kHz will resume at 2200 tonight. Good luck
to all and keep up the good work with the RTL Roelof and
thanks for the reports Graham.

73
Joe