Re: LF: Poor aerial connection affecting gate waveforms??

To: Graham <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Poor aerial connection affecting gate waveforms??
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 15:10:22 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:date:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=+aeaW09au9GARZXdv/azXewjqHuX7qPOPIudgnBgxLc=; b=dgXK/y8FS9k+I9G2X98IPxJIKsRapr6jZ2oim8AjtUZ1UH8bdBDQ7Txsk2CfxoMrxv GAF0kxkE/8GzCi4JpXlcNJeIHVEe/yqTrarugkjYMZxV+WSa8F2qXbKIQHM5ODeALWw7 B68pSjtiYFLqNNxx23wd7F5tHwV1dRqQ3HOIBUruq6I7w3pNJnNyNW2u0vvOM2RnQakD K2nuaAOLulINQMnwNQBPyvtLTC71XOdoWxoMDj/gz1ogvldwFoLVslO9CNff2MjTaFOG zBC4sG/AdQ8RfoJ2f1prhcCluNRgP1XjH/v0P05nXmhTvuHCPDit3RIvOHjv5pcChjGt ZAOA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Graham,

Saturday, April 15, 2017, 2:14:17 PM, you wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I assume , due to the  Q any small  variation , will  move  the
> tune  point  about , but  looking  in the   data base , Signals ,
> better last night  to  sv8 than  the   previous night , and  may be
> up  1 db at pa7  , not to say  the  noise was less , but  at  -10 db
> that level   will  be  much  higher  than the  local noise level ,
> should be a  reliable  indication
>
> How important  are the  wave forms ?
>
> 73-G,

I don't know how important they are I am not a FET ;) All I know is
the output transformer and the LP filter bank central toroid run a lot
cooler if the wave forms aren't all spiky. I hope someone can say how
critical this is? Nothing went pop, so presumably not ultra critical,
but heat = lost power I would think? Cheers G!

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]