Re: ULF: RE: A new distance record on 970 Hz / 309 km band ...earth ante

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: RE: A new distance record on 970 Hz / 309 km band ...earth antennas
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 15:03:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Thank you. Well, the impdeance has been resistive-capacitive, like a RC series circuit, but mostly resistive. A few 100 Ohm on the feedpoint, quite uncomplicate to match. I simply used a ferrite transformer with about 300 turns on the secondary side and about 2x 20 turns primary, for the PA that was running at 12V. Now in spring it is certainly fun to play arround with long antennas. So if you consider to use them for MF/LF/VLF RX or TX, do it! :-) Of course you won't get 20% efficiency or so, even with a full size dipole. But it is worth to play with. If you have a piece of forest arround, you could build and run a small hidden transmitter and a small PA over night and then take the stuff back in the next day...
Certainly worth a try.

73, Stefan