Re: LF: ULF experiment: A MEchanical Based Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ULF experiment: A MEchanical Based Antenna
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:17:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Rik,

Hmm, the subject should rather be "A mechanical based transmitter". That could be a funny game indeed, also the principle of distorting the signal with a saturating coil and then extracting harmonics...

The antenna is available, i just need to apply the low voltage to the RG58 cable in the shack. And 2970 Hz is not much. My overall antenna losses are, 680 Ohm coil loss, about 200 Ohm ground loss, some losses in the ferrite transformer and not to forget the 70 uOhm radiation resistance, so let's say roughly 1 kOhm. For 0.1 A i just need 10 W and this is managable. It is also possible to control the speed of a motor/generator into a PLL. Even PSK is possible...

Someone could do local tests in the lower ULF range. I will be there in some time too...

73, Stefan