Re: LF: ULF experiment: A MEchanical Based Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ULF experiment: A MEchanical Based Antenna
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 14:13:49 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
For a given antenna with its given antenna capacity and radiation resistance you will need a certain antenna current to radiate a certain power. To achieve this antenna current you will need to apply a high voltage, depending on the frequency and antenna capacity. You can generate this voltage in different ways.
My antenna capacity is in the order of 500 pF, which is relatively much, relative to average amateur antennas. At 2970 Hz, i have to apply 11 kV to get 100 mA and 1.2 uW ERP.

Now, generating 11 kV (and more!) on 2970 Hz is far from easy. Your transformer or coil or what ever arrangement has to withstand that voltage. Ferrites tend to saturate at such low frequencies and mains transformers are to lossy at this frequency, also their secondary winding does not hold the combination of high voltage and 100 mA (and more! :-) ).

73, Stefan