Re: LF: EA5DOM LF tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EA5DOM LF tests
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 13:08:22 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Luis,

I can agree with the notes / recommendations by Mike and Markus.

Am 08.09.2016 11:13, schrieb VIGILANT Luis Fernández:

So, we have: U3S with duble frequency to 74F74 feeding both channels of 7667 and the pair of IRFZ48N. Do I keep the RC at the mosfet drain ?
All the rest as in the W1YD schematic ?  Less primary and secondary turns in the output transformer noted

Yes. Keying the driver instead of the signal generator will improve the performance.
At 13.8 V / 50W and AL=5000 i would use about 2x 6 turns. First run the PA only with the primary winding and see if the core becomes warm. The power consumption including the driver should be less than 200 mA. If this works well then you can add the secondary winding, which can be tapped for a Hi/Lo switch of course :-)
The IRFZ48N should cut high voltage switching impulses, so the RC network may be obsolete. Just try it. One of them costs 0.59 EUR here :-)

73, Stefan