Re: VLF: 8270.000 Hz and forest VLF grabber preparations...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: 8270.000 Hz and forest VLF grabber preparations...
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 15:13:25 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul, Uwe, VLF,

Am 17.02.2016 10:50, schrieb Paul Nicholson:
For now, stay with 16 bit CRC and use list length 1000
or less for 2 chars.
--
Paul Nicholson
--

RR. I set the list length to 1000 but still get NI. But just a single time. But the false decodes become rare.

I will now go through all txt files hopefully containing Uwes message(s)

A temporary remote VLF grabber is at http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_VLF_Grabber2.html It is the N-S loop but as you can see the soundcard is not well filtered. I will improve this. Since this afternoon i'm using a BC558C between soundcard and loop, i.e. i use the 2V output of the soundcard together with the PNP-transistor as a preamp. It makes a gain of about 10 dB! The next time i want to try a NPN transistor, a ZTX690B. Unfortunately the Alphas are QRT in the moment. I would like to use them to check if there happen some glitches from time to time. SL is locked to DHO38 now. I wonder why the sferics are much stronger then the background noise, relative to the VLF grabber in the city (http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_VLF_Grabber.html). I'm still not sure if this is a very good sign but we will see very soon :-)

Uwe, maybe you could send a carrier for one or two hours on 8270.00 Hz? So i could see if i can see you on the forest grabber :-)

73, Stefan