Re: LF: WSPRnet problems

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSPRnet problems
From: John Langridge <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 12:47:41 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=U+DbA5t1Ho2yiD4Fih9YgPJu8oQ0Aku0NhV1r09dFJs=; b=DKT/k8dDHEYwZITYduwxiP20RrZ0YeNCD0Dt3cF38P/SOA3ltyC+lCY/gO1d901Y3i c/7Jzy52CDfmBLdibvK6QyoSlKVaV5fWkzSna5R9QQ3fLKxO/ZBcJYfn5Or0ucV/m0yi QjnelqvTb8EEJCRU7JP5lZiqJuA7cRsdFgwa1iJ6gWVz+/WGD8gOhoyr8hKrIkLTf5h4 3QuTC+44FFM8o/9h8SsewXwREFfJSq2xGDXZCYMsf9s7+P0cWaL9cLMAGtCWJ8VECOub WszLBPP6PEK6hRSuxCsdGvwzyMuGbJE6yZLBF9kbMjR40T00GcDopnC/+6xtlrQml21U sicw==
Sender: [email protected]
I didn't really want to get into these details but the fact is that many of us have made efforts to contact Bruce over several months to no avail.  That's not intended to be a criticism - real life gets in the way sometimes and that's ok.  I, and others, are focusing on the fact that we need a solution.  Resources in the form of money, hardware and brainpower have been offered by a number of people and have gone unacknowledged for a very long time.  So this was not a "shoot from the hip" response.  During the last major outage in December (not as bad as this one, mind you), there was talk about having discussions about the future of the system and where it needs to go.  To my knowledge, that was the last time there was any mention of any talks about the direction of the system.

The good news is that this system will still feed the WSPRnet site data in much the same way that WSPRnet feeds the PSKReporter site.  The difference is that WSPR will feed  the new system first, before passing the data on to WSPRNet which passes the data on the PSKreporter (in theory).    SO WSPRnet does not go away, it just ceases to be the "bottle neck" for those who choose to use the new system.

Hopefully this clarifies things.  I am not the point person for this venture.  I am only a frustrated user.
73!

John