LF: WSPRnet problems

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: WSPRnet problems
From: John Langridge <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 10:38:12 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=X0fFCV2VZCv09Jadhi7K0xNBgkd+XbeiveMcB/nQiCk=; b=UgLkPwMt3v7hzfHMw2gMrLXI00R9wNMIqbB63CO9NUoJ88WI6/FZ2buvKHrfTqkphg hRCVaz5irEHK6aB7DHGnfbZm0Dg4WGmV2tZgAeQVad0Y0FP3c/d+iJ429XeInVGze+ZC iwZn9KZFV57MTWkm+MZdACLEyBgEamYlLDSsQlH4UjjLYsPtaaM4EIYqHiQ6qDcrtAvr QWwOC+VJQTU4vPOjS1dq6BcjV7NVteBulq3dNuZ6Trh9twriK+N+Zz4FWDUODHvUPi0Z FksGIQ63cS8Oh4GfPK6r2rzyjuaq+MdEBKHYPXZD6gFmZU45xdn75OyLDXZQyIOQmhdp svow==
Sender: [email protected]
Good morning,

As most ops already know, the WSPRnet website has been down more than up over the last several days.  There do not appear to be any updates to the status posted any where, at least nothing current.  Its almost as if a "take it or leave it " attitude is now the status quo.  Its a free, volunteer-driven web site that I pay nothing for, so I can't argue.

An alternate data warehousing and rendering system and website is being developed and tested by a father/son team but its not ready yet.  Details will be forthcoming once appropriate. as well as instructions on the new data entry point.

In the mean time, if you find spots in your WSPR console RX window that are noteworthy, please be sure to post them or send me a direct email with the details.  I use this information as part of my daily 630-meter band report.  As you can imagine, the WSPRnet outage has complicated the data gathering and reporting.

Thanks for your assistance.  73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..