Re: LF: EbNaut LF test from iz7slz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EbNaut LF test from iz7slz
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 21:03:25 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Markus wrote:

> your direct-sampling LF receiver actually seemed to be
> doing rather well!

I think so, the rx itself hasn't had any problems.
The timing system has got better too with the incentive
to reduce the jitter without sacrificing speed of response
to clock drift.

It seems that whenever I get involved in amateur radio
activities I end up with some improvements which get fed
back into natural radio reception.

I was thinking about oscillators.  At LF/MF if messages are
short, say less than 30 minutes, the tx frequency only needs
to drift by less than about 0.5 Hz/hour.  That's within range
of a reasonably stable undisciplined oscillator such as an
OCXO.   I'm thinking that the phase search in the decoder
would accommodate that amount of drift.   Is it worth trying
some transmissions which are not GPS locked?

Rx battery is holding up here although I think it must give
out overnight at some point.  Tomorrow I will recharge it.
--
Paul Nicholson