Re: LF: Antenna relays

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antenna relays
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:06:03 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=oU7a29yv6SWJGsaUO8mok4hBx+0ixmY1lf0w4NYH4YM=; b=pwOLSNk/jtkGBB/cGt7jaE+dXUC9GYchzDk5WHeAigNRUSB2inAvzt/5uGmjVUN08l NO/N4tUEQe6nEHdMuYr9bqL7AoZN7O0fu6KXUaj+9j6aOWcZ0fdcMsHm1zlL91T885HU Q/UsvCRQvEkg1xqY9TJ1S6iVjoqd2Pgi7i2R5GA8aYvAd1Bgy1jkwAaQ6s8d6c9t/VYT 2xE7X5wKZBailNHyOe2SYaLdOmr150eoLe2QLoIgJhGo+ToGhWf6J0PKvFY4B1ZFuLNC t18M9mc4DXsa0roEyTm0AXi5Sq2RsuLCHbXwyFOZMJRxoTPMbinPSOVBxY5F0nGRPy9G i/hw==
Sender: [email protected]
The Vacuum relays that used to be plentiful at rallies may be good enough.   They were designed for high power auto ATUs and cpuld certainly withstand many kV.   The currents in such ATUs, at teh kW level wold be many amps so they may work.

If you can still get them, they were a cylinder, typically 12 - 17mm diameter, about 40 - 50mm long with connection lugs on the side extending over the length of the body

Andy  G4JNT