Re: LF: Ramped BPSK

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ramped BPSK
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:17:53 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy,

I was about to solder a dpdt relay across a transformer until I saw your posting. The DDS here is the 9851 and the 40 bits are loaded serially.
If bits 35-39 are changed from 00000 to 00010 the phase will change by
180 degrees and so the soldering iron can be switched off?

An AD9852 would spare me the humiliation of being a significant
part of a mHz off QRG, but these chips seem hard to get.  Markus was
right about the resolution. The DDS is clocked at 10 MHz with the
x6 multiplier. The output is then divided by 16.  The resolution is just
under 1 mHz and so the frequency error depends on the output frequency.

73 Joe VO1NA