Re[4]: LF: Zmag of 45.6 Ohms OK, or should I try for better?

To: Mike Dennison <[email protected]>
Subject: Re[4]: LF: Zmag of 45.6 Ohms OK, or should I try for better?
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 13:20:08 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mike,

Monday, November 2, 2015

> Chris, my 3C90 transformer has about 16 turns on each winding. (I say
> approximately as I need to adjust by a turn or two between summer and
> winter due to absorption/detuning by trees. I would suggest using the
> thickest wire you have in case you want to run higher power in the
> furture.

> As for the variometer, mine covers about 200-500mH and this will tune
> about twice the width of the 136kHz band (in conjunction with my big
> coil). Coincidentally it also tunes the 472kHz band when the big coil
> is removed.

> Mike, G3XDV

Thanks  for  those  figures Mike, you keep mentioning more power, or a
good signal from low power, but I am running a G3YXM amp, although the
antenna  is  far from optimal. I sometimes get the impression that you
think I am running a U3S or something? ;) Perhaps I am misinterpreting
and you are saying when I get more aerial current flowing?

I  do have a 3CX3000 spare, and a 4kV at 2 amps HV supply if you feel
I  really  do  need  more  powwwwwerrrr.... ;)  It's for a glue drying
machine, but could be re-purposed!

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]