Re: Re[2]: LF: Zmag of 45.6 Ohms OK, or should I try for better?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re[2]: LF: Zmag of 45.6 Ohms OK, or should I try for better?
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 13:00:30 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Chris, my 3C90 transformer has about 16 turns on each winding. (I say
approximately as I need to adjust by a turn or two between summer and
winter due to absorption/detuning by trees. I would suggest using the
thickest wire you have in case you want to run higher power in the
furture.

As for the variometer, mine covers about 200-500mH and this will tune
about twice the width of the 136kHz band (in conjunction with my big
coil). Coincidentally it also tunes the 472kHz band when the big coil
is removed.

Mike, G3XDV