Re: LF: PA0RDT antenna near a TX? Front end OK?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: PA0RDT antenna near a TX? Front end OK?
From: "Michael Sapp" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:24:37 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Laurence, Chris & All:  I did a test with my eprobe which is about 30 feet away from my HF elevated ground plane that has 65 ft radials a few years back. With 100W output on 40 meters. I was getting 1mw of RF power from the eprobe into a Boonton RF voltmeter. I was using a 1 inch wide by 12 inch long brass strip as the eprobe antenna at the time.  I would assume the eprobe may be able to generate more power than that at higher nearby transmitter power levels. Suitable overload protection for a receiver front end would appear to be prudent.....

73, Mike wa3tts