RE: LF: PA0RDT antenna near a TX? Front end OK?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: PA0RDT antenna near a TX? Front end OK?
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:56:10 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Chris

I run up to 1Kw on 136kHz and up to 400W on 475kHz and "alive" Eprobes (L400 and PA0RDT variants) about 100-150ft away up at 30ft plus and not blown them up. They don't like it much of course and produce unwanted products during Tx but that not surprising.

Only FET failure to date has been down in Oklahoma from a nearby lightning strike.

Laurence
KL7L et al